Thursday, May 22, 2008

One Year this Weekend

This weekend, May 25th , Dusty Lens will have been online for one full year. A milestone for me as I never thought I would make it a full year. Early on, I all but gave up on this daily photo idea. But MK saved this blog and demanded I get back to this photo work. A big thank you to MK, aka Kakeroo. Grazie, Merci!

And thank you, the viewers of the North Metro blogspot, for your interest and viewing this humble photoblog.

I started out as simply a photo blog, a way to improve my photography skills and techniques. Then I met the wonderful world of
City Daily Photo. After much time living in the north metro, I am finding that there is more to photograph than in my hometown. I will continue to upload photos from the north metro as I also add photos from other areas of my travels.

Which brings me to you, the viewers of this photo blog. I'd like to make this a more interactive site. What is it you would like to see here? Please post suggestions of what you would like to see on these pages. I will try to accomplish your task.




11 comments:

  1. I like it the way it is. :-)

    Congrats!! I hope I can make it as long...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It's a great blog and I look forward to seeing your photos every day. I like it when the photographer shares a bit about technique and/or settings used to get the shot we're looking at. That said, I realize it's a pain in the neck to do that and don't do it on my photos either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! it's always a pleasure to visit your page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats!!!! you have made a wonderful photo blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your photos, and I like that you post photo information; nice to compare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, everybody. I will try my best to remember to add the camera settings and some more information about the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dusty -
    Congratulations on sticking with it! I just passed my 7th month and have stumbled a few times. Your photography is getting better and you are really getting that "day in a life" style down. Well composed images of the daily life -- great work. As I once heard, "Don't confuse ordinary images of great things with great images of ordinary things."
    Keep up the good work,
    - Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo! Happy Birthday, North Metro Daily Photo. Congratulations, Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Personally I wouldn't change a thing.
    You have a comprehensive range of images, an eclectic mix of text and image that works really well. From The Black coffee shot to the Northern Sunset, fautless. Congrats on your first of hoepfully many years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary. I never knew that you were close to giving up this blog. I am glad that you continued. I really enjoy your pictures and I equally enjoy your commentary. You capture art in a way that makes me look at things differently. I like your idea of expanding your photo's to include your travels. The possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our conversation where I demanded you to continue this blog is coming back to me now. I think it took place at a mutual friends house, was it last August? Anyhow...you are welcome. Just don't forget me when you publish your first book!
    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete