Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Margaritaville

Margaritaville

So far, President Obama has appointed something like 34 Czars. Past administrations had also appointed their special interest Czars as well. What these Czars do is unclear to me. The idea of having an appointed Czar is quite silly and preposterous. That's government for you.

Since this is the new age in the political spectrum and me leaning toward the anarchist side of politics, I have declared myself as the Czar of Happy Hour. My first declaration as Happy Hour Czar is this; happy hour begins...now!

Join me while I rule as Commander and Chief, (Czar) of Margaritaville.

Please sing along - it is required;

Nibblin' on sponge cake

Watchin' the sun bake
All of those tourists covered with oil
Strummin' my six-string
On my front porch swing
Smell those shrimp they're beginnin' to boil

Chorus:
Wastin' away again in Margaritaville
Searching for my lost shaker of salt
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame
But I know it's nobody's fault

I don't know the reason
I stayed here all season
Nothin' to show but this brand new tattoo
But it's a real beauty
A Mexican cutie
How it got here I haven't a clue

Chorus:
Wastin' away again in Margaritaville
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame
Now I think
Hell, it could be my fault

I blew out my flip-flop
Stepped on a pop-top
Cut my heel had to cruise on back home
But there's booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on

Wastin' away again in Margaritaville
Searching for my lost shaker of salt
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame
But I know it's my own damn fault
Yes and some people claim that there's a woman to blame
And I know it's my own damn fault

Margaritaville
Jimmy Buffett



Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett

15 comments:

  1. Superb! An absolutely stunning and detailed picture with brilliantly captured colors. Thanks for sharing. Love the illuminated transparent glasses.Pixellicious Photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well..... I can not really argue with this philosophy OR new dictatorship in any way. If happy hour begins now.... I guess I should go pour myself a drink.

    Far be it for me to buck the system on such an important topic.

    I'll have a double.... rocks.... salt...... hold that pesky sweet & sour.

    My favorite margarita? Tequila, Gran Mariner, lime juice. Ice, salt.

    Now I'm thirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too many czars,too much government not enough constitution. Make mine a triple. :-o

    Nice photo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is an important position...I mean with what has been going on in the government these days it is enough to drive me to drink! Like James...make mine a triple too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lol...I almost forgot...LOVE this photo. Beautiful colors and light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THAT SONG and I love Jimmy as well. You know he's from "down here"!!! Well I can't think of anyone better qualified for Czar of HH. Rule on! I 'm headed to a Mexican place at 4:30 with my wine group. I'll just have me a frozen M. in honor of your recent appointment.
    V
    PS I'm singing at the top of my lungs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it. We are all getting so frustrated that maybe we do need to drink more. a little socialization may be uplifting. Czar, great image as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll me be your Deputy! Cheers, heres to Happy Hour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors! I could just sit and admire this photo forever.


    Floral Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this one caught my attention right away. Sometimes I wonder how Obama looks so natural. I mean you can't even see the strings, and his mouth moves just like a real person.
    P.S. Have one for me if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photo, Czar of Happy Hour! You'll be the most popular of the Czars! Obama who??

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! And, you know, it's always happy hour somewhere in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Somewhere, it's 5 o'clock.
    Well, Mr. Margaritaville Czar, my choice is usually Chocolate Martini, but hey, then again, I always do what ever they do in Rome, I mean, Margaritaville, so, set me up with a few!

    Love the photo of the glasses! I love glasses. I do believe I now have a glass for what ever kind of drink you'd like. BTW...is this shot looking through a window or is it 3 different shots?

    ReplyDelete