Sunday, February 15, 2009

Two Things Challenge - Corner / Door

This week's Two Things Challenge is Corner / Door.
I searched around town high and low to bring you a local interpretation of this week's challenge. With dreary cold sunless weather, I was uninspired in finding anything locally worthy of this challenge. I searched my archives and found two photos for this challenge.




Corner
Paris, France
Taken in April of 2008 from the top of Arch de Triomphe in the center of Place Charles de Gaulle. I believe this corner to be between Avenue Carnot and Avenue Mac-Mahon. Somebody in Paris will surely know and verify.



Door
San Gimignano, Italy

Taken September of 2006 during our all too brief visit. A lovely city to walk, explore, and get lost.

8 comments:

  1. i was looking at your first shot, and was thinking "it looks like france" then i read this is Paris ;) beautiful view , the Italian door is beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great images, Rob. I'm in awe of this top photo, I never made it to the top of the Arch du Triomphe, WOW. San Gimignano was one of my favorite places.
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe Peter will drop by and he will know for sure the names of those streets. I have never climbed the Arch but for a view like this I might just do it this next visit. The door is fabulous. Good ones today DL, as always.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would climb the Arch du Triomphe just to see that for real. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both great shots! I love San Gimigniano. By the time me, my cousin, and my friend arrived in this town on our Eurpoe tour, we needed time alone and all went off in different directions. It was one of my favorite experiences on our trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The door, the lilies, the shot in Paris--what a variety of fantastic photos. In fact, I've enjoyed browsing all of your recent posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are all really great photos! Great job with the angles & perspective of the images!!

    ReplyDelete