Thursday, February 26, 2009

Take the Cannoli


Ever had one of those moments where you feel the need for something sweet? My sweet tooth began to ache, I felt the need for a cannoli. The solution was in my Buca di Beppo cookbook; Sicilian cannoli. I do not have frangelico, so I improvised using kahlua instead. And it was delicious, almost as good as the Cannoli from Cosetta's on West 7th street in St. Paul. I am now a happy man!
-
Camera Model Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
Shooting Mode Manual Exposure
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/25
Av( Aperture Value ) 8.0
Metering Mode Partial Metering
ISO Speed 400
Focal Length 47.0 mm
Image Quality RAW

14 comments:

  1. tu veux me faire arrêter mon régime ;o)) hummm délicieux et très belle photo (réussie, puisque elle donne envie ;o)) )
    you want to make me stop my regime ;o)) delightful hummm and very nice photograph (successful, since she gives desire ;o)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm! Delicious-looking. After seeing your marvelous photo, I'm craving Cossetta's food. I love Mexico, but good ethnic food is not widespread in Mazatlan yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Perfect for breakfast, which is right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh...I could do with a few of those right now! Your photo shows it all, but did you make these yourself???

    ReplyDelete
  5. "And don't forget the canolli's"-The Godfather

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's CHEF DL to you! Bravo. Pass that plate around.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made these?! Wow! My compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! I made 6 of them with leftover filling. but I ran out of cannoli shells. Now, what to do with the left over filling?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, now that is will power! Instead of reaching for a cookie, you take the time to make these. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay...now that you've whetted my appetite, what are you going to do about it? Gadzooks, they look delicious! Nice photo, too. How about if I buy one and you ship it UPS to Florida?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another one of your amazing feats that delight the eye - & I'm sure - the palate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad I've just eaten or I might have to raid the biscuit jar after seeing these glorious confections.
    What a tasty shot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Impressive! They look good enough to sell in a Sicilian pastry shop! Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete