Monday, June 16, 2008

Evergreen Drapes

Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
Fra la la la la....Christmas in June?
Although I like the brightness of this photo, it is too overexposed. Of course cropping would take care of this problem. I left it uncropped to show the upper edge overexposed and burned out in bright white. It doesn't help that the sky was brightly overcast in white/grey tones.
A good lesson to learn from this photo is to remember to preview your images, which i neglected here. If I had, I would have seen the bright white ares blinking as glowing beacons in preview mode, indicating over exposure. A good tip, preview and check to see if you get Blinkey the overexposure goblin. Take corrective measures, change the settings and reshoot. Histograms are another good way of checking for over / under exposures.
Shooting Mode Manual Exposure
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/30
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 200
Focal Length 85.0 mm
White Balance Mode Cloudy

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I like it the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing us your mistake. It makes a good lesson and thanks for the top tips too!

    I'm off to Greece for a week so I'll catch up with your blog when I get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it in all of its overexposed glory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it. I can almost smell the pine. Mmmmmmm... Sometimes, overexposure works. This would be one of those times.

    ReplyDelete