Saturday, June 14, 2008

Stormy Weather

A view from our deck above our patio. Ominous storm clouds reach across the sky above our neighbor's home.
-

Stormy Weather - Billie Holiday

"Stormy Weather"
Dont know why theres no sun up in the sky
Stormy weather
Since my man and I aint together,
Keeps rainin all the time
Life is bare, gloom and misry everywhere
Stormy weather
Just cant get my poorself together,
Im weary all the time
So weary all the time
When he went away the blues walked in and met me.
If he stays away old rockin chair will get me.
All I do is pray the lord above will let me walk in the sun once more.
Cant go on, evry thing I had is gone
Stormy weather
Since my man and I aint together,
Keeps rainin all the time
.
as sung by Billie Holiday
-
Shooting Mode Manual Exposure
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/30
Av( Aperture Value ) 11.0
ISO Speed 200
Focal Length 30.0 mm
White Balance Mode Cloudy

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous shot, Dusty Lens! Very dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fabulous shot! And the song ain't too shabby either :-) So glad you presented this in grayscale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome shot! Monochrome is perfect for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK now can this be? I think I got the same cloud, except from the Columbia Heights direction. It looks like some type of reptile head coming out of the cloud. http://photoblog.twincityphotos.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This photo is awesome, Dutly Lens! A real winner. Then...Billie Holiday is one of my favourate singers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Song and inage fantastic. u have createdreal drama with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you kidding me? That's the most ominous sky I've seen since the Wizard of Oz. Stunning.
    Love the Billie Holiday tune.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome view you have! Nice shot too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ce b&w est magnifique, on la sent la tempĂȘte arrivĂ©e et bravo pour le choix de la chanson.
    b&w this is beautiful, we feel the storm arrived and congratulations for choosing the song.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Just... Well... WOW!

    A-mazing shot, Rob. Stunning. Very, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. White balance Mode Cloudy - You got that right!
    Great photo, just amazing. BW is perfect for that one.

    ReplyDelete