Friday, June 27, 2008

Summertime Blues

Banded clouds over Lake Vermilion. Summertime Blues.
On a photo shoot for an evening sunset. Setting up the tripod, I happened to look eastward and decided this was worthy of a shot. The intense blue sky and clouds reflect on the lake surface.
Close by, a lone loon breaks the silence with a mournful song. The answer is met from across the lake. They keep up this Loon Serenade bidding each other a pleasant night.
I have captured a quick moment of their serenade to each other.
(I hope this works and I apologize for the external link to putfile.com. Blogger does not support .wav sound files.)
Exposure: 0.4 sec (2/5)
Aperture: f/22
Focal Length: 17 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV

10 comments:

  1. simply amazing. great scenery and colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The natural line of sight on this photo is fabulous! I'm in awe. I can almost hear the lap of the water and feel the cool evening air... Gorgeous capture, Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, amazing! this cloud looks like someone was racing in the sky and took a sudden turn...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say it was definitely worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a dramatic sky. Great colors and light, but I miss something in the foreground like a boat tied to the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful, not very hot, great for sitting on that pier and watching nature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! I thought of loons after seeing the photo, even before I read your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic photo. You should sign up to Sky Watch Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The swwop od the cloud is fantastic and the colours are so rich. Excellent.Yes join skywatch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful, this image exudes calm and serenity.

    ReplyDelete