Sunday, June 22, 2008

Two Things Challenge - Parallel / Perpendicular

Riding the Rail
The wheel flange rides parallel to the rail and perpendicular to the wheel hub.
Exposure: 0.077 sec (1/13)
Aperture: f/11
Focal Length: 300 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV

Boat Cart
The cart is used to get a boat into a boathouse. Perpendicular supports keep the rails parallel to each other. Parallel wood bunks supports the boat. The cart is both in parallel and perpendicular to itself.
Exposure: 0.05 sec (1/20)
Aperture: f/11
Focal Length: 300 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV

7 comments:

  1. Like the detail of that first shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do visit and I do comment and I was here. I did look at your picture(s) and I did read what you wrote about them. I could say how great you are and how beautiful your work is but alas I would soon run out of things to say on the next blog I visited, so I just left this to prove I stopped and said a few words on Sunday. I never saw one of these before.

    My Rheumatoid Arthritis hurts so I am using the same message for all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous for the challenge! I would say this one was a hard one but you managed it perfectly.

    That first shot is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, awesome photos.

    Reminds me of a photographer who used to find patterns and art in the rusty side of old ships.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always surprise me. I must admit I was expecting parallel skewers on the BBQ. I love industrial images.
    Great interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rob, your interpretations are always so creative and show a real stretch of the imagination and the eye. I love the colors and textures in both of these pictures, as well as the geometrical symmetry of all the shapes and planes and so on. Really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an engineer! ;-) Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete