Monday, November 10, 2008

Nicollet Mall Girls

Nicollet Mall Girls

This is a first for me as I typically do not have portrait shots on my photo-blog. Why? I am not confident in my portrait skills.

Last Saturday I was downtown Minneapolis with 7 photographer friends shooting city scenes. As I was capturing a moment on the Nicollet Mall, I was approached by these young ladies to have me take a group photo.

Not knowing the ins and outs of portrait photography, I agreed to give it my best shot, (sorry for the pun). I hope you enjoyed your day downtown.

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you're a natural to me :-) Did you take one with their camera and then with yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot; smiling faces always look good! You were very accommodating; did they know they'd be on your blog for the world to see?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why aren't you confident indeed!! This is a great candid well composed shot. They stopped the right dude. you are on your way to 100!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like some friends who've done this before...Anyway nice shot.
    Nice football game yeserday. I wasn't sure the Vikes would pull it off, but they did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a great job! Your models seem happy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this shot! The color and composition and the fact that all of the women are smiling and have their eyes open is a real coup in portrait photography. Well done, Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is sweet. I'm sure they loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did real good!!! 7 faces and not one with eyes closed and all with great expressions.
    However, how about calling them just "women" or group of friends. (Sorry, just one of my pet peeves re being called a young lady.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can imagine this gave them something special to talk about all day. Did you give them your blog address? I would have had to take a couple dozen shots to make sure I got a good one to post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a perfect group photo for the ladies. They must be very thankful of you!

    My Birthday

    ReplyDelete