Monday, January 12, 2009

DFP Challenge - Favorite Places

Rooftop View

My first favorite place is Pisa Italy. I shot this image from our room window at the Grand Duomo Hotel room 409. Quite a tiny room; we had to stack our suitcases on the desk in order to get around the room. There was a nice 3 foot wide balcony to step out onto and observe the city scene. I must add, the cafe next door served a fabulous tiramisu gelato. I do regret not having enough time to climb the tower or visit the cathedral.



A Recycled Photo

My second favorite place is along the Mississippi River downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota near the Stone Arch bridge. Here I crossed under the Stone Arch Bridge on the river's edge to capture the classic downtown scene nearly every Minneapolis photographer has shot. Note the Heron standing in the river in the reflected red light. On one side of the Mississippi River is St. Anthony Main with it's restaurants and shops. On the other side is downtown and the Guthrie Theater. There is a lot to photograph in this area of the river.

19 comments:

  1. la lumiere qui tombe sur les maisons, c'est superbe.

    the light that falls on the houses, it is superb

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you didn't have mention the heron ,i would not have seen it !!( hope my tense are good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a different and nice view of the Pisa Tower (and cathedral)! How could you go there and not climb the tower? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Pisa shot looks magazine worthy...and how nice that one of your favorite places is right there in your own back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH DL, That Pisa shot is just fabulous. Add that to my list of places in Italy I want to visit one day. Your hometown shot is wonderful as well. Excellent choices but I don't know what DFP Challenge is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a juxtaposition of places -- both fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first picture brings back such good memories. I haven't seen any part of the Mississipi River.... yet!
    Beautiful lights in both pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, both your pictures are lovely the view of Pisa from your hotel room was just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this colored roofs in pisa with the tower

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both gorgeous shots! My sister works on the river around there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now there's a perspective on the Leaning Tower of Pisa I've never seen. I like it! And your river photo is one of my favorites. Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two wonderful images Rob.
    I would like to see more of that bridge in the Minneapolis image as it look interesting.
    Well done.
    Niel

    ReplyDelete
  13. If, in the future , it really does look as if it will fall, should they straighten it?
    Going up made me feel sea sick. Very odd stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I forgot to comment. As usual, a perfect picture. Light and shadows. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that stunning Italian light. WEll done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These two photos are worlds apart but, they share one thing. They are both stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never tire of this shot of the Stone Arch Bridge...so great, Dusty Rob! And I never noticed the Heron before.
    In a few years I may need traveling advice to Italy because we are SO going there!

    ReplyDelete