Friday, January 16, 2009

Medusa's Lamp


As seen outside Oak Grill Restaurant at Macy's downtown Minneapolis.
-
Shooting Mode Manual Exposure
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/100
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 800
Focal Length 66.0 mm
Image Quality RAW


A fun little questionnaire from Aurel's laurels
If I lived on a desert island, and could only watch one film featuring each of the following stars, these are the films I would chose....

(Tough choices, especially for Cary Grant as my favorite is To Catch a Thief.)

Cary Grant: Operation Petticoat - it's an island thing

James Stewart: It's a wonderful Life - I know, cliche

Humphrey Bogart: African Queen

Audrey Hepburn: Roman Holiday

Bing Crosby: High Society

Katherine Hepburn: Bringing Up Baby

Marlene Dietrich: Morocco

Clarke Gable: Mutiny on the Bounty

Ingrid Bergman: Casablanca

And, if I could add one more star and film of my own choice it would be:

Lauren Bacall: The Big Sleep

Pass it on, choosing films for the stars listed , plus one of your own....

11 comments:

  1. superbe, la photo est magnifique et bravo pour ta gestion des lumières, moi j'ai beaucoup de mal avec ce type de photo.

    superb, the picture is beautiful and congratulations for your management of lights, I have great difficulty with this type of picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect name for that lamp...do they really call those types of lighting fixtures that or is this just you wonderful imagination? As for the movie list, I'll think on it and get back to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a nice, warm photo. Which is quite a contrast to your weather which, according to your weather gadget, is now -21f...holy smokes!

    Love the movie selections. I probably would have gone with Casablanca instead of Africa Queen but they are both fantastic movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect, your photo!!

    I can see a very Hollywood dominated choice, so for a European touch (not only imported stars) I would add Penelope Cruz in "Volver" (Almodovar)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color in your photo today is spectacular! Like yesterday's
    festoon as well. I liked Lauren Bacall in "The Graduate"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful image Rob. Look at the way the light brings out the texture in the wall.
    Well done.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lamp shot (and the name for it). I think I would choose Breakfast at Tiffany's for Audrey. It's one of my fav's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite movie of all time is Roman Holiday. African Queen and Casablanca are right up there in the top few. Lots of great choices, Dusty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And the photo is just lovely. '~)

    ReplyDelete