Wednesday, March 11, 2009

La Dolce Vita


Torta di Ricotta

Living up here in the great white north has its moments. Winter is one of those moments where it seems to linger on far too long. Cabin fever sets in end of February, followed by spring fever and the inevitable March blizzard. Only to be followed by another winter storm sometime in April.
As I have pointed out, I'm afflicted with cabin/spring fever. For the remedy, I decided I needed to bake a cheese cake. So I did with ricotta cheese, cinnamon, candied fruit, and zest from two blood oranges. Another great recipe from my Buca di Beppo cookbook.


12 comments:

  1. I love cheese cake !!! Bon appétit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. il a de quoi ouvrir l'appétit avec cette photo ;o)
    l has of what to open appetite with this photograph ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very good! I am fond of chees cakes, hope it brings spring a bit in your home... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you think that if you send it via UPS... ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, I'd be in trouble if I had cabin fever. It's hard enough for me to stay on a diet with all the sun we have! Spring will be here soon - hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I;m sure Mrs. DL appreciates this. If you are suffering from Cabin Fever, cooking probably keeps you out of her hair.
    V
    PS I didn't mean it THAT way! HAA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious! Do sweets help cabin fever?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chef is at it again! Looks terrific and from your comments, I'm assuming it was as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, that looks dangerously good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thans you very much.Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks really tasty! All gone by now I suppose!

    ReplyDelete