Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Walk In The Park


Are we there, yet?
Newborn fawn struggles to keep up with it's mother. They left the grasslands of the park and headed across the parking lot. The mother was cautious as there were plenty of people around. Two people were watching from a picnic table, two were rollerblading, five bicyclists, and us to walking roving photographers.

The little fawn scrambled to keep up with it's long unstable legs. She hopped and bopped around with here legs comically moving about.


If I can't see or hear you, you're not there.
then she got tired. Instead of following her mother across the parking lot, she sought refuse in the shade of this tree.


Too tired to move.
And move she didn't. fifteen minutes later, we left the park, driving by this little deer by the tree. She didn't flinch as other cars passed by.
I have taken and posted a lot of photos from this park since I have been laid-off from work. T is a whole world to enjoy during the day, and I'm taking full advantage of it. This outdoor photography fun will end when the economy changes and jobs are available. Then I will miss this little deer.



View Untitled in a larger map

17 comments:

  1. It's quite interesting in the first shot how mother and fawn are in almost exactly the same position... very nice photo.

    The passed out baby by the tree is about the cutest thing I think I've ever seen!

    So sorry to hear about the layoff... this damned economy! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful story , your photos are just great , i hope that after a rest the little fawn has met up with his mother?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sequence of photos. Nature at its wonderful best.
    Our economy is fairly knackered too. I have been in the same boat, but as my mother said every cloud has a silver lining...
    These pics are at least silver if not gold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a darling! I love the last photo of her all slumped down at the base of the tree.

    I'm so sorry to hear about the layoff. I sure hope things turn around soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the job situation.

    I think the last shot is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about the layoff, but you get the most out of it with pictures like these. Very nice shots all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I do love your deer photos. I have a fully developed bambi complex (in that I've always loved deers, not that my mum was shot by a hunter).

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME shot, "Dusty Lens!" 'Tis that time of year but timing is everything - bravo! Regards from EAGAN

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great captures of the baby and Mom!!
    I am so sorry you were laid off! I hope you find something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shots, Rob... I have goosebumps looking at them. You have a wonderful gift for taking wildlife shots!
    Thanks for your dedication in posting these inspiring photographs...
    David

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Rob, these are great shots! Whats with you spying deer lately? Lucky! The baby is just too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bambi! You've found my childhood love! Seriously though, these are fantastic shots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That deer looks exhausted! Poor thing.

    Sorry to hear about the layoff. Things will pick up soon, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that poor little thing. I hope there aren't any predators around to get her!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a really lucky capture, there. Too bad I can't meet up with you and the other Twin Cities bloggers this weekend, have a good one

    ReplyDelete
  16. also, I was laid off over the winter and it was the best thing that ever happened to my photography. I shot a ton and forced myself to learn photoshop with all my free time.

    ReplyDelete