Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Long & Winding Road

Winding Trail

Red Bend

There's nothing like the feel of the wind rushing through your hair. Or the heat of the sun bleaching the gray into a silvery fox color. That's why I bought a bike. No, not a Harley Davidson, though I wish I had one. I'm talking about my bicycle. Zipping up and down the hills of Elm Creek approaching the hairpin curves in the woods. I hit the brakes hard and skidded to a stop. Twice I did this to capture the curving path through the woods.

11 comments:

  1. This wonderful little road certainly seems better adapted to your bike than to a Harley Davidson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a beautiful place to run or ride and bring the camera. Love the litter of leaves on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind a Harley either but my husband would never agree. Not in Manila at least.

    What a beautiful place! Your photos are just gorgeous! The colors are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you every thought about offering your work as screen savers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous !!!!
    The colors are awesome and the scene is amazing. It really is awesome.

    The setup of the path in the second shot is really appealing

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wife and I love to bicycle, and we have a very popular paved trail that winds through the woods for miles here. Beautiful shots, both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only two great photos but the title today is one of my favourite songs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to experience that road on a bike! Although I'd probably be on foot with my camera ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew I recognized those curves! I bike the trails at Elm Creek regularly. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to ride here! These shots remind me of the paths I used to walk along in Renton last year.

    ReplyDelete