Sunday, March 23, 2008

2 Things Challenge - Dead / Alive

Last night we received a few more inches of snow. Spring has sprung, yet winter still lingers. I must admit, it was quite pretty outside. I grabbed my camera before the task of shovelling. Then I thought these two pics just might work for the 2 Things Challenge Dead / Alive.

Easter Egg
Our hack berry tree in our front yard fresh with last night's snow in the dead of winter. Leafless, dead, or alive? what is most interesting is the egg shaped sundog above the tree. Perfect timing for Easter and spring; the rebirth of life.


Our neighbor's cherry tree. Dead, yet alive. Soon to be ready for the new blossoms of spring. Earlier, before this miserable snow, my neighbors reported that the robins just loved these cherries. Robins already? Its not April, yet.

5 comments:

  1. A sundog! New to me. Is that purely a Northern phenomenon?
    Your pictures are lovely. The snow is a relief from the 104 degrees we have today in Israel.
    Easter greetings from Jerusalem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice juxtaposition. Don't push yourself too hard while shoveling that snow! By the way, I meant to tell you I love your music. It's a nice little extra to get while visiting your site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice snow if you like snow. I am sick of snow for this season and eagerly await blooms, bugs and bunnies. LOL

    A very nice photograph with your post today.

    Easter greetings from Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter! I like the way you rose to the 2 things challenge. Well thought out!

    ReplyDelete