Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Reflective Twist

Somewhere downtown Minneapolis, shot thru the skyway window.


Hang On
Back by Nope's demand; music for your enjoyment. Seems he missed the mini concert here at the northmetro blogspot.
I queued up Pink Martini's tune, "Hang On Little Tomato" to go with this photo I took last November. I liked the colors, and oddly enough, it is similar to Pink Martini's album (CD) Hang On Little Tomato.
I like this photo, I originally called it Determination, "when times are tough, hang on tight. Courage, Hope, Perseverance. When everyone else has bailed and let go; be strong, hold on to the bitter end and make a difference".
My wife and I made it to the Fitzgerald Theater in St. Paul in record time to see Pink Martini in person. We were pleased to see this performance. China Forbes can really sing, just like an angel. The opening tune was their rendition of "Bolero". "Lilly" was beautifully mastered as was "Hang on Little Tomato". My personal favorite, "Una Notte a Napoli" was outstanding.
If you ever get a chance to see them in person, do it! You will not be disappointed. Better yet, buy all three of their albums...er...CD's; Sympathique, Hang On Little Tomato, and Hey Eugene.
For more information, Pink Martini

4 comments:

  1. The reflection makes the building in it look skinny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE MUSIC !!
    The photo is great, too. You and I seem to be on a downtown-MOA theme these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Pink Martini in person a few years ago and loved the show!

    I also love reflections in buildings and this shot is great! If you scroll a ways back in my blog, you will see a reflection shot I took in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink Martini ROCKS! I've seen them twice in the last year and loved both occasions. They're better live than on CD! Don't you love the songs Hey Eugene and Dosvedanya Mio Bambino? And, of course, Hang on Little Tomato is fabulous. Love, love, love them!

    Oh, and your pictures are great, too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete