Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bus Que

The Nicollet Mall.
Open to bus and taxi traffic only. Bicyclists too. A cold Saturday we see here as we pedestrians get around downtown via the skyway system. As I have said, the Nicollet Mall is closed to all vehicles except mass transportation. Yet there are the occasional wayward automobiles that turned the wrong way.
This reminds me of a story years ago in the early 1980's. I was driving with a good buddy of mine, scoping out restaurants for our prom dates. Frustrated and lost, he says take a left. I did so without question. Yep, you guessed it, right, (or left as it were) onto the Nicollet Mall. I dodged a couple busses while cruising 3 blocks down the Mall before we realized our error. I escaped the incident, ticketless.
Ah, the good 'ol days.

5 comments:

  1. I'm often torn between shooting color and B&W...sometimes it's very hard to decide. Good choice here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got away with that! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat shot! And what a great memory! Glad you didn't get a ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has a very old time feel to it (the music adds to that feeling). Nice details which are really highlighted by the B&W. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo...I love the B&W very much! And, I love the story even more! :)

    ReplyDelete