Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sidewalk Hydrant

As seen on the Nicollet Mall from the skyway above. This photo is from a photo shoot I was on with 13 other fellow photographers for our Tips From The Top Floor Minnesota Get Together (TFTTF MN TGT #3).

Our venue, the skyway system of downtown Minneapolis. Six times building security asked us to either please leave the premisis, stop taking photos, or both. We complied spending more time in the skyways.

I had a great time meeting fellow photo enthusiests and spending the afternoon with eachother. I am looking forward to future photoshoots. Until then, enjoy my version of the Minneapolis skyways.

5 comments:

  1. Very photogenic hydrant - I like it very much! A shot with atmosphere! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lines of the squares, beautiful glance; I like

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in Minneapolis a few years ago on business, my favorite feature was the skyway system. Someone told me, you can walk the entire downtown without ever going outside. That must be really nice in the winter!

    Excellent picture of the fire hydrant. I like how you framed it. All the lines from the manhole cover, the bricks, the gutter, and the grate create enough busyness that it automatically draws your eye to the brightness of the fire hydrant. Nicely done, DL. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was in Minneapolis a few years ago on business, my favorite feature was the skyway system. Someone told me, you can walk the entire downtown without ever going outside. That must be really nice in the winter!

    Excellent picture of the fire hydrant. I like how you framed it. All the lines from the manhole cover, the bricks, the gutter, and the grate create enough busyness that it automatically draws your eye to the brightness of the fire hydrant. Nicely done, DL. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is wonderful picture. I love this sidewalk hydrant. Beautiful testures, also.
    Saludos, Mariana C.

    ReplyDelete