Saturday, August 30, 2008

Birch Walk

The outhouse nestled in the birch. Unfortunately my first offical use of my new hoya R72 nfrared filter was on a winday day. The tree limbs and leaves were flapping in the 20 MPH breeze making it fifficult to capture a still image at an exposure rate of 45 seconds. This is the result after converting to black and white. Mitchster has done several IR photos, all are stunning images.
Shooting Mode: Manual Exposure
Tv( Shutter Speed ): 45
Av( Aperture Value ): 9.0
ISO Speed: 100
Lens EF50mm f/1.8
Focal Length: 50.0 mm
Filter: Hoya R72 (infrared filter)

12 comments:

  1. Is your camera's IR hotmirror removed? How did you shoot this exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've some pretty nifty equipment! Looking forward to seeing more from this lens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture of the bark and the perspective. Well done DL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's surprising just how rare it is to get a perfectly still day. Even when meteorologically (had to google that one, and blogger still thinks it's misspelled) there is zero wind speed, there almost always are local air currents.

    Good start. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first visit to your blog but won't be my last. You post some really great photos and I think your city is simply beautiful.
    My blog - Malta Magic at www.marie6-myworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this one. Great perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All about textures. You really feel like you can touch the peeling bark through the laptop. Great shot

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is pretty cool. I like all the texture in this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So that's what an infrared filter can do. Wow, what a shot. Let's see more, Dusty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't understand all the techie stuff, but I love the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ive got allergy wih birches but they sure make great photo subjects! Love the treatment here....it appears foggy! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was looking for a Sky Watch Friday ?????
    ... and I found beautiful blog.
    Hallo from Germany

    ReplyDelete