Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Walkabout

Last night, my neighbor and I went on a quick photo walkabout. On my way to pick him up, our other neighbors were getting ready to go for an evening bike ride. They explained to me about the sunset over the Mississippi River at the Coon Rapids Dam.
We changed up our photo walkabout and headed for the dam. We caught the tail end of the sunset. Below is my result. Afterward, I wanted an evening image of our pedestrian bridge lit up for the evening. Photo walkabouts are quite fun with fellow hobbyist photographers. A good chance to share our art, get out and enjoy our city outdoors and improve our photography skills. The best part is the camaraderie of sharing a pleasant evening.
Mississippi River Sunset

Champlin's Pedestrian Bridge linking the east side of town to the west side of town across highway 169.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice 2X...er, make that 3X when you count the nice time you had! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DL,
    These are just gorgeous. I hate to gush, but they really are. The sunset is spectacuar but the bridge is so shiny and the color, well I could go on and on. Wish I could join you all for a walkabout. What a treat that would be. This was worth the wait today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you canged your plans. I wouldn't have missed that sunset for anything.
    I agree with the company thingy. I had a great time taking photos with my sister when she came to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are wonderful! I especially like the starbursts in the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...both of these are great....but that sunset captures my heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great! Having a friend to go with you on a photo shoot is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete