Monday, September 1, 2008

Dog Days of Summer

Today we in the States celebrate Labor Day. A day for most of us to take the day off from work and relax. A pleasant warm, humid, and sunny day.
It would seem that even the squirrels are recognizing our National Holiday. This little fellow is taking a siesta in the eve of our neighbor's shed.

Hot and humid, every critter is relaxing in the shade today.

Sammy Squirrel joined us on our deck for an afternoon in the sun. An afternoon snack of peanuts and gin and tonics. Sammy scored a peanut that I had dropped. Friendly little fellow. Of course our fearless watchdog, Winston was napping in the house while his deck was overrun with squirrels.


I hope you are enjoying your day off.

16 comments:

  1. That squirrel is too cute, Dusty. I admire any photographer who can capture animals. Wait, that didn't sound right... oh heck, you know what I mean!

    Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The squirrel seems very tame and unconcerned but the dog is my favourite..
    I couldn't open your blog with Firefox but have reverted to IE and all seems well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. belle série avec cet écureuil ;o) j'aime beaucoup la deuxième photo.


    beautiful series with this squirrel ;o) I love the second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like that squirrel is well fed! He's so cute...as is the pup. Hope you have a nice, relaxing day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last squirret looks big enough to grab that gin and tonic right out of your hand. Watch it!
    Winston is wayyyy cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. Warm late summer days are a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, these are the best squirrel shots EVER! Clearly, they don't mind modeling for you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could join you sitting on your deck, G&T in hand, watching the squirrels... Sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me again :)

    Sorry about the private blog thing. I was putting up my new look blog and was fiddling around. Come over and check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neat pictures, did Sammy talk to you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my....I am in LOVE with Winston! And Sammy is a cutie too! He looks like he's saying something to you in the last shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shots, Rob! Love those squirrels, even as they're running through my attic. Cute little buggers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great series of squirrel shots and of course I adore the Westie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness I love the squirrel peeking out, but then he's actually laying down! Very cute. (the little pests) I must rememeber how destructive they are! Thats what my boss always tells me because they chew the apartment decks up, and I'm the Manager here so it is then my problem. But sooo cute! (Shhhh...dont tell I said so...)

    ReplyDelete