Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Oceans Eleven

Actually, the Lake at 11:00 AM.

The lake was boiling, a perfect time to capture it's power. I used both ND2 and ND4 Neutral Density filters to knock down the bright sunny light from the cloudless sky. With this set up I was able to get the shutter speed down to 1/15 of a second. I was hoping for more to obtain that silky smooth flowing water off the rocks. I think I now need an ND6 filter too. If anyone has a spare ND6 filter, I'd be willing to accept it as a gift. ;-)

Exposure: 0.067 sec (1/15)
Aperture: f/22
Focal Length: 235 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV

8 comments:

  1. fantastic action shot. excellent composition

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Dusty. If this were any better my eyes would not be able to take it. This is a splendid capture of a fluid moment. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the water just like you captured it. I am not a huge fan of the "silky" look. This has so much movement and life. I especially like the golden water at the top. WHen it was loading, I thought it was fur. Gee I would love to give you that lens as a little happy but I am doing good to have my UV lens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. superbe l'effet filé. Cela me donne envie de me commander un filtre ND4.
    Bravo
    superb effect yarn. It makes me want me to order a filter ND4.
    Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer yours to the silky stuff. It's so powerful. There is a photographer on the island who only shoots silky water. I will see if I can track him down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lake? Why is it rushing water? Nice shot btw.

    ReplyDelete