Friday, September 19, 2008

So Long Margaritaville

The frozen concoctions that helps me hang on
Summer's last margarita.
Now where did Mrs. DL put that shaker of salt?

Summer is almost over. C'mon, sing along!

Nibblin on sponge cake

Watchin the sun bake

All of those tourists covered with oil

Strummin my six-string

On my front porch swing

Smell those shrimp theyre beginnin to boil

Chorus:

Wastin away again in margaritaville

Searching for my lost shaker of salt

Some people claim that theres a woman to blame

But I know its nobodys fault

I dont know the reason

I stayed here all season

Nothin to show but this brand new tattoo

But its a real beauty

A mexican cutie

How it got here I havent a clue

Chorus:

Wastin away again in margaritaville

Searchin for my lost shaker of salt

Some people claim that theres a woman to blame

Now I think

Hell, it could be my fault

I blew out my flip-flop

Stepped on a pop-top

Cut my heel had to cruise on back home

But theres booze in the blender

And soon it will render

That frozen concoction that helps me hang on

Wastin away again in margaritaville

Searching for my lost shaker of salt

Some people claim that theres a woman to blame

But I know its my own damn fault

Yes and some people claim that theres a woman to blame

And I know its my own damn fault

By: Jimmy Buffett - 1977

11 comments:

  1. You just carried me back to The Oasis Cafe in Austin, Texas -- any summer between 1983 and 1987...

    Now. What books are behind those cocktails? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok let's drink to last summer and for better autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. merci pour les cocktails, j'en veux un....

    thank you for cocktails, I want one ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, yum! I don't think I've had a margherita since I moved to Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaritas for breakfast. I love the retired life. Thanks for a little Jimmy B. today DL. I may just hang around your blog all day. Jib Jab is terrific. They had some other funny ones too. Oh and Mrs. DL, hold the salt on mine. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the frozen concoctions that help me hang on..what song is that from? !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you all mind me, I just came back for one more sip before bed, and a little JB! This has been a great TGIF pary today. Maybe we all need to take turns hosting one! "Wastin away in ........
    Oh I love me some Jimmie Buffet.
    Can't blow out my flip flops this early in the fall season!HA You and Mrs. DL go on to bed, I'll clean up before I leave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That song just speaks volumes, doesn't it? I still think there is probably a woman to blame...

    And, I wish I were there drinking those margaritas with y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For a minute I thought I was back in Mazatlan! And, you are so accommodating...now I don't have to run downstairs and put on my favorite CD--great music. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete