Friday, September 12, 2008

Misty Shores


Rocky Shoreline
My apologies, I forgot some information. Here I used two Neutral Density filters, ND2 and ND4. I wanted a long exposure. The lake surface was wavy, with a long exposure, I all but eliminated the wave action and created this faux "misty" look. Long exposure photography is interesting. You can make moving objects disappear, as shown here, I made the waves disappear.

Exposure: 4 sec (4)
Aperture: f/11
Focal Length: 33 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV

8 comments:

  1. wonderful composition again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree -- the composition rocks! (Wait, that was a bad pun considering the subject matter...)

    Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like enough light not to have needed 30 seconds, but I guess what I'm seeing is the result of having 30 seconds' exposure. Was it a gloomy day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand any of the photography jargon but this shot is really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i learned something new today. If i would get out the tripod more often I could try some of it. Nice shot today DL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, would that work for say a window with a lot of reflection or glare??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog and I have to say your photos are absolutely wonderful.. I really like ...All of them.. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has a very strange feel to it. The water is "misty" and the shore is sharp. Very odd. You certainly are good at manipulating the elements!

    ReplyDelete