Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Theme Day for January, 'Best of'

Starting off the new year with a bang. Theme Day for January is "the best of." Revisitng my post back on October 24th, Tequila Sunrise.
I thought it apropriate with tonight's celebratory tequila shot(s) and a glorious morning for the new year, (lots of water and aspirin). ;-)
Not the best photo compositionwise, the colors do make it work. I actually have a thing for scenes like this with bare trees in silhouette. Besides, in this time of dull dreary winter days, we can use a touch of color. OK, an explosion of color!
Happy New Year, everyone. Have fun, be safe.
See all the Theme Day participant's links below;
Paris, France - London, England - Hyde, UK - West Sacramento (CA), USA - Grenoble, France - Stockholm, Sweden - Riga, Latvia - Saint Paul (MN), USA - Manila, Philippines - Silver Spring (MD), USA - Weston (FL), USA - Prague, Czech Republic - New Orleans (LA), USA - Wichita (KS), USA - Cleveland (OH), USA - San Francisco (CA), USA - Hobart (Tasmania), Australia - Greenville (SC), USA - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Menton, France - Monte Carlo, Monaco - Mainz, Germany - Melbourne, Australia - Portland (OR), USA - Albuquerque (NM), USA - Wassenaar (ZH), Netherlands - Kyoto, Japan - Tokyo, Japan - Toulouse, France - Naples (FL), USA - Jakarta, Indonesia - Brussels, Belgium - Stayton (OR), USA - Selma (AL), USA - Mexico City, Mexico - Ocean Township (NJ), USA - Minneapolis (MN), USA - Port Angeles (WA), USA - Toruń, Poland - Fort Lauderdale (FL), USA - Budapest, Hungary - Baziège, France - Nashville (TN), USA - Saint Louis (MO), USA - Cottage Grove (MN), USA - Chicago (IL), USA - Prescott (AZ), USA - Bellefonte (PA), USA - Nottingham, UK - Moscow, Russia - Philadelphia (PA), USA - Evry, France - Trujillo, Peru - Arlington (VA), USA - Denpasar, Indonesia - American Fork (UT), USA - Seattle (WA), USA - Chandler (AZ), USA - Coral Gables (FL), USA - Montpellier, France - Joplin (MO), USA - Pilisvörösvár, Hungary - Crystal Lake (IL), USA - Bucaramanga (Santander), Colombia - Boston (MA), USA - Torun, Poland - New York City (NY), USA - Dunedin (FL), USA - Quincy (MA), USA - Stavanger, Norway - Chateaubriant, France - Maple Ridge (BC), Canada - Jackson (MS), USA - Wailea (HI), USA - Port Elizabeth, South Africa - Budapest, Hungary - Austin (TX), USA - Montréal (QC), Canada - Cypress (TX), USA - Bicheno, Australia - Wrocław, Poland - Brookville (OH), USA - Minneapolis (MN), USA - Nelson, New Zealand - Cheltenham, UK - Wellington, New Zealand - Rabaul, Papua New Guinea - Mumbai (Maharashtra), India - London, UK - Haninge, Sweden - Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation - Arradon, France - Jefferson City (MO), USA - Orlando (FL), USA - Mumbai, India - Terrell (TX), USA - Bogor, Indonesia - Delta (CO), USA - Radonvilliers, France - Saigon, Vietnam - San Diego (CA), USA - Adelaide (SA), Australia - Belgrade, Serbia - Auckland, New Zealand - Seguin (TX), USA - Inverness (IL), USA - Oslo, Norway - Singapore, Singapore - Las Vegas (NV), USA - New York City (NY), USA - Anderson (SC), USA - Torino, Italy - Susanville (CA), USA - San Diego (CA), USA - Sharon (CT), USA - Melbourne, Australia - Port Vila, Vanuatu - Memphis (Tennessee), USA

40 comments:

  1. Beautiful, looks so dramatic.

    I couldn't decide for theme day and am leaving it up to the votes. I narrowed my down to seven. Yikes! Hate to say I just couldn't pick one. Come take a look and put your vote in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a breathtaking, and very peaceful, photo...a lovely choice!

    Happy New Year,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great shot. Just love it. Well done. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice photograph and well-chosen for this January theme day.

    Thanks for all of your visits to my blog in 2007 and I hope and pray you have excellent health and are very happy all the days of your life but especially in this new year 2008.

    Happy New Year from Patty and me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year from Arradon, bonne et heureuse année!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fire in the sky!! Great choice for your first post of 2008. My new year's greeting to you:

    An Old Irish Blessing
    May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    and rains fall soft upon your fields.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the color's beautiful!

    A happy new year again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. La lumière et les ombres sont magnifiques. mes meilleurs voeux en cette année 2008.

    The light and shadow are magnificent. My best wishes in the year 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shot. the sun sets on one year and rises for another.

    have a great year filled with love and smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. good choice for the theme
    happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  12. A truly good choice for your city and theme day. I can feel the weather in the images and the positioning you must have thought out to take it just right.

    What a stunning photo. I think you did right choosing this one as your best pic of the year. I did not

    Bonne année de Paris et thank you for taking part in the City Daily
    Photo community. It is a lot of hard work I know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very beautiful photo! The colors that the sun can produce at different times of the day, year, month, etc. never cease to amaze me!

    BTW. . .I loved yesterday's photo, too. I usually don't eat too many nuts, but for some reason, I was craving them yesterday. Hmmmm. . . Maybe it's because I saw your photo! ;-)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful sunrise image.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an incredible shot. Very dramatic - I look forward to more in 2008!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colors here and I love the tree...I wish you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see why you like this shot. Nicely done. Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Truly an interesting pic - because of the great color. Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another new daily photo blog that I didn't know about! Great colors in this photo! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What's not to love about tequila and a sunrise? Happy 2008 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I could've SWORN I commented on this already, but maybe I just looked, admired, and ran away.

    In any case: beautiful! I have a soft spot for sunrises/sunsets, and this one tickles my fancy.

    Have a happy and healthy 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent color, I know what you mean about colorful skies and silhouette trees. There are a couple other bloggers that had photos like this as their favs. I'd put one up too, but I haven't been lucky enough to get a good one like this. Great job!

    Happy New Year, may 2008 bring you good health & happiness,
    - Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's a beautiful sillouette. Fire in the sky. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Better than any fireworks display!
    Happy New Year.
    And thanks for your comment on Maple Ridge Daily Photo.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful colors, happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, excellent photo!!

    Happy new year from Tokyo

    ReplyDelete
  27. i do remember this post, great choice
    happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's beautiful!

    What a nice way to begin this new year. I wish you all the best in 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy New Year! Great photo for the theme day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow - i do remember seeing this post when originally posted but seeing it again takes my breath away again!

    Wonderful!


    Greg

    Hobart Daily
    Bicheno Daily

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good choice.
    Happy new year and long life to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, this is soo beautiful!
    Happy new year and wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your photo! I like colourful skies.

    I look forward to visiting your blog more often this 2008. And you're welcome to mine, too! For some reason, my link was not included in the participating blogs for the 1st of January 2008 theme day. Sorry I wasn't able to visit your blog sooner. I was in transit the whole of yesterday. I am now back in Norwich after the most fantabulous time at home in Manila.

    Happy New Year to you and everyone you hold dear!


    joy
    The Goddess In You
    Norwich Daily Photo
    Your Love Coach

    ReplyDelete
  34. Absolutely gorgeous shot!
    Hope your 2008 is Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hummm, I thought I visited here on the 1st, I can see I didn't leave a comment.

    I do love this photo of yours and I recall looking out my window that very morning, saying to myself, I should photograph that sky, but I was busy with my kids and getting them ready for school. Opportunity missed for me, but you can certainly chalk this one up.

    Well done.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Utterly fantastic choice for your monthly theme day photo.

    ReplyDelete