Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Baked Pizza

Pizza Fire
Pizza Cotta Forno

Action shot: My Neapolitan style pizza being baked at Punch Pizza in Eden Prairie!
http://www.punchpizza.com/

Siciliana

Siciliana, a fabulous pizza of prosciutto, artichoke, picholine olive, and basil. Compliments of Punch Pizza! Traditional pizza; this is the real deal!

Punch Pizza is as close as we Minnesotans will come to enjoying a traditionally authentic Neapolitan pizza from Napoli. I have never been to Napoli to enjoy an authentic pizza pie, but it is high on my "To Do List".

Besides my many visits to Punch Pizza here in the Twin Cities Metropolitan area, the closest I have come to Neapolitan style pizza was in Roma. And I must say from memory, (when it comes to food, my memory is spot on), pizza from Punch Pizza reminds me of the pizza we enjoyed outside one evening on a street caf'e from Ristorante Grotta Azzurra on Via Cicerone, 62a 00193 in Roma.


The only thing missing is the gelato.

* Please note: Katie in Robbinsdale suggested I mention that Punch Pizza cooks the pizza in the wood fired brick oven at 800 degrees F for 90 seconds! and I will quote Katie, "It's a great fact that makes Punch so unique and cannot be ignored!"

Thanks Katie from Robbinsdale, the blog is more fun when it is more interactive like this. Stop by soon.

10 comments:

  1. Superb furnace I believe that I am hungry now

    with a rosy wine bottle

    ReplyDelete
  2. A work of the most delicious art! That's amoreeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had Punch in Uptown on Sunday and now you've made me hungry for it again!

    My pizza of choice is the Craft Your Own Margherita pizza with Fontina, Parmesan and Mozzarella di Bufala (from Water Buffalo) topped with ham and basil. mmmmmmmmmmmm.

    You should really include in your blurb that they cook it at 800 degrees for only 90 seconds. It's a great fact that makes Punch so unique and cannot be ignored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had an authentic Neapolitan pizza and that one on your plate doesn't look far from it. :) Delicious!

    I love the red oven too. Red is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pizza, its one of my favourites! Its great when you find a restaurant that makes a pizza that hits the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yumm, it looks very good. Love the over picture also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. la photo du four a pizza est très beau. Aujourd'hui je post sur le Foot Us en France et GO THE GIANTS

    The picture of a pizza oven is very beautiful. Today I post on Us Foot in France and GO THE GIANTS

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that looks fabulous - the oven I mean. and the pizza... oh, well, I'm doooooooooooling :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. * Please note: Katie in Robbinsdale suggested I mention that Punch Pizza cooks the pizza in the wood fired brick oven at 800 degrees F for 90 seconds! and I will quote Katie, "It's a great fact that makes Punch so unique and cannot be ignored!"

    Thanks Katie from Robbinsdale, the blog is more fun when it is more interactive like this. Stop by soon.

    ReplyDelete