Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Four Legged Friends

01/22/08 - Cooper
Here is Cooper, my new four legged friend. On a trip to the far northeastern metro with my wife and sister-in-law to the horse stable, I met Cooper. He seemed quite friendly despite the warnings of his alleged cantankerous demeanor. We seemed to get along. Perhaps he realized I was as much of a crumudgeon as he.

I hope to visit Cooper again in the future when he is outdoors in greener pastures. I'll share an apple with him.


01/22/08 - Nicki
Meet Nicki. Nicki is more gentle and a bit more shy than Cooper. But he is freindly none the less. Yet I did witness him sport an attitude durring a riding lesson. I am amazed at the differing personalities these horses posess. We too got along fine, altough he seemed to be wary of me.

10 comments:

  1. excellent details and colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful animals. Where do you ride? Now that he's retired, Jaime in Mexico-Jim in St. Paul, wants to start riding. If you will give me info and tips I'll appreciate it!! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos - I bet those guys don't much like your weather lately!

    I passed an award to you today, as your blog is always a highlight of my day. Please stop by when you can...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful horse portraits - and comments on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Horses and I have never got on. I think its because they can sense I don't trust them! Never trust anything so big and capable of throwing you off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cooper and Nicki are very beautiful animals. I have been on a horse once, about xx many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful creatures and beautiful portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! You are a guy and all this time I thought you were a gal!!!! And what makes this even more hilarious to me: I'm a gal and most people think I'm a guy. ROTFL! >8D

    I love Cooper's face. What a sweet looking horse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful horses. I hope that you enjoy your new companions.

    ReplyDelete