Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Color Me Spring

Valentine's Cactus

(belated)


Actually, it's a Christmas Cactus that decided to sleep in during Christmas and bloom for Valentine's Day. A trip to the south metro to visit my folks. This blooming cactus plant was a cutting from my Grandmother's plant some 15 years prior.


Green Tea


Palm frond in the office breakroom. This frond was between me and the outdoor window where difussed sunlight was pooring in to create a vibrant green. Think I'll have some tea now.

Are you ready for spring? I sure am! Lousy winter and snow...

6 comments:

  1. I'm SO ready for spring, yes. Your photos put a smile on my sleepy face. I'm going to bed now. I hope I'll see those beautiful colors again in my dreams...

    (The only preserved tuna I use comes from Italy, packed in oil. Yes, canned salmon would work nicely too. I know what you mean about sushi quality tuna.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you take a look at my older posts you find some really nice cactus like this too! aren't they beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super colors, yes I am so ready for spring. I want to work in my yard, but I know its not time yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so ready for spring, I could cry. (Okay, maybe that's a bit melodramatic, but you know what I mean!)

    Love both of these pictures, but the one of the palm frond is particularly spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are both wonderful photos. That first one is so beautiful, and also reminds me of the fuschia plant. I think that it's especially nice that it was part of your grandmother's plant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The green tea photo somewhat have an optical illusion to it when I stare...lovely!

    ReplyDelete