Saturday, February 9, 2008

Evening on Lake of the Isles

02/09/08

City of Lakes Loppet ski trail. Here we can see one of my fellow photographers setting up his shot.

On this evening, my tripod failed. The center post locking device failed. A trip back to National Camera Exchange to make a return and replacement. Their floor model of the same tripod had the same problem; a design flaw we were thinking. I was quite pleased that National Camera Exchange helped me decide upon upgrading to a better tripod. We decided on a Manfroto 725B.

I tend to be a bit cheap at times, but sometimes that ends up wasting time and spending more in the long run. Lesson learned, you get what you pay for...within reason, of course.

Larger Size

6 comments:

  1. Those lanterns are lovely. That must've been a delightful evening. And the larger photos look great, oh yes! :)

    Re: modifying Flickr settings, I know someone who just modified hers (I think it was yesterday, actually): g_mirage from Vienna DP. She will be able to tell you exactly what to do. Now her photos link directly to a wonderful large size. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a lovely night photo. The lanterns are gorgeous!


    Pat

    Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great photo. That must be a neat place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's just something magical and warming about fire and ice combined... Nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a lovely image! always liked the contrast dark/lanterns!

    ReplyDelete