Saturday, February 23, 2008

Lunar Eclipse

Just before the total lunar eclipse. Cropped for detail. I only have the 17-85mm lens for my Digital SLR camera and it proved to be too short of a lens to get a decent pic. I took these pics with my Canon S5 IS and 1.5x teleconverter. This is essentially 648mm. 80 ISO, Aperture 8, 1/40 sec.

Full eclipse. A bit blurry, sort of disapointing. The dark red color proved to be more difficult. 80 ISO, Aperture 3.5, and 4 sec. I took a dozen at different settings, this was the best of the lot of them. Ah well, maybe next time.

6 comments:

  1. I love both. Yeah, a tad blurry, but beautiful nonetheless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a very nice job with these Dusty Lens!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! These are both beautiful. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rob,
    great shot of the eclipse, I have seen a lot already but yours are THE BEST!!

    Have a great weekend :) JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that your photos are wonderful! And I'm so pleased to see them, because it was cloudy here.

    I hope that you're having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots. Unfortunately I couldn't see anything here in Mobay as the sky was completely overcast. :-(

    As you said, "Aah well, maybe next time."

    ReplyDelete