Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dolce

Clafouti di Pesche - 'Peach Clafouti'.
The other evening, I decided that the photo on page 56 of La Cucina Italiana looked too delicious to pass up without at least trying this recipe. The recipe didn't let us down; other than a small mishap, the peach clafouti turned out well. I only wish we could bottle the peach and vanilla aroma in our home.
Everything went smoothly according to the recipe until I was to pour the batter onto the dish of peach parts. I'm used to the old twist and lift blenders. Unfortunately, Mrs. DL has a newfangled lift blender. I twisted and turned before lifting the glass carafe off the electric base; before I knew what was happening, the batter was pouring out the bottom of the carafe onto the electric base and counter. Of course the pie dish and peaches were across the kitchen on the other counter.
Long story short, I was able to pour the remaining batter onto the peache parts in the pie plate and put it into the over for 40 minutes. That 40 minute time was spent cleaning 1/3 of the batter off the blender electric base, counter tops, cabinets, and floor. Need I say the batter consisted of 6 tablespoons sugar, three eggs, two tablespoons of peach liqueur, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 cup flour, and one cup whole milk. Yep, a sticky mess.

9 comments:

  1. I certainly hope you bring some samples to work today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks absolutely scrumptious! Too bad I never liked these sorts of desserts when I could afford to eat them :-) Sorry about your mishap...was there at least a dog to help on the floor part?

    ReplyDelete
  3. DL,
    You've been holding out on us. Mario Butalli eat your heart out! I have a similar one that is a French tart- only milk,butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. I'll email it to you. Best part? You don't need those pesky beaters. Yours looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hummm...j'adore les clafoutis. le clafoutis que j'apprécie le plus, c'est le clafoutis à l'ananas....

    hummm ... I love clafoutis. clafoutis that I appreciate the most is the clafoutis with pineapple ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peaches: YUM. If I bring the wine, can I come over and have a slice of that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dessert looks to die for. I love peach anything. I've had the same experience with my own processor. Glad I'm not alone, what a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'm glad to see it was worth it! It looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My, that sounds mighty difficult to make. But, it sure looks pretty! And, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha, but well, the result looks awsome!

    ReplyDelete