Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Resonant Strings

The inner beauty of the Piano.
KPB's beautiful piano. Our close friends were gracious enough to allow me to photograph their piano in a different light. We mainly see a piano from the outside with it's high gloss black finish. Rarely do we get the chance to see it's inner beauty. Until now.
"Play it once, Sam, for old times' sake."
A little Chopin, please.
Shooting Mode Manual Exposure
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/13
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 100
Focal Length 41.0 mm
White Balance Mode Tungsten
Or, perhaps some Mozart, or some piano jazz.
Shooting Mode Manual Exposure
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 0.4
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 100
Focal Length 85.0 mm
White Balance Mode Tungsten



As Time Goes By - Billie Holiday

11 comments:

  1. I'd even go for some Oscar Peterson. 8^) Gorgeous photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not often seen, and certainly not often seen so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. très graphique et superbe photo de ce piano. j'aime beaucoup la couleur. Je préfèrerais du Jazz ;o)
    graphic and very beautiful picture of this piano. I love the color. I prefer Jazz ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work part time for a musician. That does it. We are going to have a little photo shoot real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful instrument in the right hands. Beautifully photographed in the right hands too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, love listening to Billie Holiday. How do you manage to come up with interesting shots like these day after day?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy your blog very much! Especially this photos of piano! Great angle! Your great photo cheer me up every time I visit your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shots! I love the inner workings of a piano. Did you know they have to be watered? I didn't know this until my dad got one and I house sat for my parents. The piano was sometimes more trouble than the plants!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I,ve always been a big brass guy. How 'bout a shot of a T-Bone. Now that would make for a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. an interesting perspective to this instrument!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Germans have a saying (sometimes attributed to the Swiss-German theologian Karl Barth, perhaps apocryphally):

    Wenn der Herr Gott im Himmel sienen Engeln Musik für ihr zu spielen, spielen sie immer Bach.

    "When God in Heaven commands his Angels to play music for him, they always play Bach.

    Aber wenn sie Musik für sich selbst spielen, Spielen sie immer Mozart .

    But when they play music just for themselves, they always play Mozart ."

    ReplyDelete