Sunday, October 26, 2008

Two Things Challenge - Big / Little

Little Big Dog
Portrait of Winston by Mrs. DL
There is nothing bigger than a little terrier; a little dog who's personality is that of a big dog.
Winston turned 13 this year, and has recently gone deaf. A mixed blessing. We can now say such words as walk, squirrel, car, ride, treat, going to the lake. Yet I believe he takes full advantage of not listening to our commands. He's coming along fine with hand signals. But if you know a terrier, they can be stubborn. Stubborn like me, as I'm told. ;)
Exposure: 0.04 sec (1/25)
Aperture: f/7.1
Focal Length: 70 mm
ISO Speed: 200

13 comments:

  1. He is a cutie & hides his age really well. Our golden LOVES chasing squirrels. It's the one word that will get her up when she plants herself in the shade during a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WEll I wish I looked as good as Winston in my "golden" years! What a cute pup. I would like to scoop him up and give him a big ole smoochie smooch! (yes I talk silly to dogs and babies, I can't help it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's just the cutest, nestling amonsgt the autumn leaves. Beautifully done portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful friend. You are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute dog! He definately looks good in the fall

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Winston's portrait by Mrs. DL. Such a beautiful setting on the leaves. And what a bright little chap he is. Dogs do well when deaf. I have one here. You do need to gently wake them, tho, don't you? I used to breed Westies a lifetime ago. A lovely breed, and as you say a big dog in a little package.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful portrait and Winston looks 10 years younger!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely portrait photo. He looks so cute in the autumn leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, he's perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. un beau portrait et tu as un superbe top modèle

    a beautiful portrait and you have a beautiful top model

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heart Winston! What a handsome dog.

    And great choice for this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete