Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Orangerie - A Study in Abstract Leaves

No, this is not the Musée de l'Orangerie in Paris. A museum which I will suggest as a must see when visiting Paris. Many fine works of art are inside plus Claude Monet's Les Nympheas, (see link below).
Mrs. DL and I were on our typical weekend walk to the 'Bou for our morning coffee. Of all places, these photos were taken on the paved trail behind Super Target. We used the macro feature to get up close and tight to the subject with her Canon A710 IS point and shoot camera.
I enjoyed these orange color tones that caught my eye, reminding me of the museum we enjoyed showcasing impressionistic that we visited while in Paris last April. Again, these images can not compare with the real works of art in the museum. For some reason Orangerie popped into my head.
Jigsaw Puzzle
Camera: Canon PowerShot A710 IS
Exposure: 0.025 sec (1/40)
Aperture: f/5
Focal Length: 5.8 mm

Beads
Camera: Canon PowerShot A710 IS
Exposure: 0.067 sec (1/15)
Aperture: f/5
Focal Length: 5.8 mm



Bonus photo captured by Mrs. DL! Autumn colors represented. I love the yellows in this one, reminds me of Limoncello.

Limoncello Mixed With Cherry Cola

Camera: Canon PowerShot A710 IS
Exposure: 0.025 sec (1/40)
Aperture: f/4
Focal Length: 5.8 mm



Peanuts Theme - Vince Guaraldi

14 comments:

  1. beau patchwork de couleurs automnales, superbe série.

    beautiful patchwork of fall colors, beautiful series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shots make me want to paint ,so colourful !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I beg to differ...your photos are indeed works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, they are fantastic. excellent work again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great selection of photos. The colours are so vibrant and it is so difficult choosing a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing what beauty is around us...we just have to be ready to see. Hope the Bums (do they still call them that?) pull off a win tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors... just like a puzzle...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kudos to Mrs. DL . Take a bow girl! Maybe she needs her own blog. Dueling Cameras!

    I swear Super Target has it all and now they add great fall leaves for photo shoots. Like the Snoopy theme. I am rocking out and I haven't even had caffeine yet.
    Great shots today Team DL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful shots of fall color! I love the one with the berries!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, bright colours. Well done Mrs DL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos, Rob. Mrs. Dusty Lens' is especially nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all amazing. Love the color!

    ReplyDelete