Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Lines

Once again I have missed the deadline for Theme Day. The theme for October is "LINES" . Although I am not actively participating in the City Daily Photo Theme Day, this would have been my post had I not procrastinated.

Study in Lines

Wells Fargo Center reflected in the IDS Center
Another image I took on a photo walkabout with my neighbor MB, Just Roaming the Cities , Mr. J, Snapshutter , and Mitchster .


Peeking FoshayTower in reflection,
Reopend as the W Minneapolis hotel. The 31st floor is the outdoor observation deck. The former boardroom of Willbur Foshay on the 27th floor is now called the Prohibition sky bar; a posh lounge.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foshay_tower
Thanks to my co-worker JB for pointing out my error of the wrong photo description. The reflection in the top photo is the Wells Fargo Tower, not the Foshay Tower as I posted before this edit.

16 comments:

  1. Now this is some photo. So many lines, wonderful colours, the light. Superb. Great choice for today's Theme even if you are not in it. Well you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...a great photo!! Perfectly in theme with "lines".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a great shot... I love the reflections...

    ReplyDelete
  4. After all the photos I've seen from that walkabout I would say you guys hit the mother lode in downtown Minneapolis that night. My stars! This one is fabulous too DL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect photos for the theme. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the reflections! Great photos for lines. Thanks for visiting my blog and the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two excellent reflective theme inspired photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your reflection shots (as usual) are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm, seems my comment did not post. As I was saying, you are the master of reflection shots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's IT! You take the prize - fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no idea there were that many individual windows until I saw your photo :) Beautiful reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  12. speechless! i just love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whether you signed up or not, this is still a great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent choices! And yesterday's pictures would have been appropriate too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent intepreation of the theme. Lines and the bonus of reflcetions. Marvlellous.

    ReplyDelete