Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Yellow Truck

A walk down the road produced this find. Covered with lichen, I am left wondering about the story behind this truck. Especially so close to Halloween.

The old yellow truck
It would appear this old truck was abandoned long ago, yet it seems to have been recently moved. The corner window is too clean and there is air in the tires.
If the colors in this photo appear to be over saturated, you are correct. I used a circular polarizing filter that enhances colors to become more vivid. I wanted this truck to appear somewhat operational as it were going to make a left hand turn at any moment.

Haunting abandonment.

(HDR)

I under saturated the colors for this image slightly below what was seen in real time. I was hoping for a more haunting image of an abandoned truck. Strange though if you notice the driver's side headlight and trim ring appear brand new as compared to the passenger's side headlight. Is this truck rejuvenating like the Stephen King book? Remember his book, "Christine"?

14 comments:

  1. I like these two photos, also beacuse of the special effect you created!! This good old truck deserves a little colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. le livre (et pour une fois le film) Christine était très bon. Superbe photo, on voit et on sent la rouille.
    the book (and for once the film) Christine was very good. Superb picture, we see and feel the rust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice colours but why people abandon old car in nature ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. how prehistoric animals.. the charm and the melancholy of once by now departed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'll bet that truck has stories. Disney/Pixar should cast it in the next Cars movie!

    Very cool find, Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen lichens growing on things like this. Minnesota lichens must like old yeller trucks. I sure do. You know I am having a love affair with an old shiny red truck in my neighborhood. Old yeller may make him jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Around here if impossible to find this kind of truck... stunning image...

    I've given you an award. please check my blog to see it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The truck looks as if it may be restorable. It would be nice to see it all spiffed up again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This may be the ghoul's truck from Jeepers Creepers. A good one that depends on the eye of the beholder if you catch my drift! Love the saturation...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice capture! First visit and first time commenting here :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't call you Mr "Dusty Lens" lol
    Thanks for your comment.
    Apparently photographing is allowed in Minneapolis which is a good thing, Such a good thing that I will have to come back with a little more time on my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A photographer's dream - finding a truck like that! Great photos. I liked the movie - even though I'm not a big S. King fan - but that one was good; as was Stand by Me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rob have you converted the "haunting abandonment to b&w because i think it would look much better as a high contrast image. Give it a go.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete