Sunday, October 12, 2008

Two Things Challenge - East / West

For this challenge, I bring you an old and a new photo.

Old

Sunrise - East
Sunrise over Fourtown Lake in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW)
A camping/fishing trip I took with my father, Bob and Ron. A n annual spring tradition that started for me in 1978; 27 springs of camping in the wilderness, miles from modern conveniences.
This was captured with my old Nikon point and shoot 3 megapixel camera.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boundary_Waters_Canoe_Area_Wilderness

-

New
Sunset - West
The new, West. Sunset over Lake Vermilion. And shot with a DSLR and a polarizing filter.

15 comments:

  1. A magnificent result!! Enjoy your sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately one of the nicest pics I've seen in awhile. Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers

    http://reginainpictures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautitul landscape,i love camping in the wilderness too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are really beautiful!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well DL, you blew me slap out of the water today. Why did I ever agree to do a challenge with you??? The sunset ( and sunrise) master!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both photos are wonderful, but I prefer the top. Everything about it appeals to me, esp. the canoe that is beached on the shore. Tells a visual story all by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two good ones here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures of sun rises. I love the effects on the bottom one. Interesting interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by, Dusty Lens. I graduated from Hamline so I'm familiar with some of your locations. I particularly appreciate the photo of the Boundary Waters. I have some wonderful memories of that part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous. I'll bet there's a nice chill in the air too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are both nice shots, but I think the second one reflects your obvious growth as a photographer. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your old one is better. Your new one might have been taken with a DSLR but at the size it doesn't matter. The problem I have with the new one is the big block of black in the lower right corner. It's too much and maybe a crop would be better. Now your old photo has detail in the shadow areas. OK it hasn't got the resolution of the new one but has a nice balance and feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning clours and textures. Iteresting to see the reaction to the old and new images.

    ReplyDelete